How to Repair Your Broken Powder Make-Up!!!
October 14, 2012Are you tired of flushing money down the drain? Here is a simple and easy way to put your favorite crushed makeup back together and make it reusable again. This works best with eye-shadows, blush, or any other powder makeup.Things you will need:a. Rubbing alcohol; the higher the alcohol content the quicker your crushed makeup will dry.b. A spoon or a popsicle stick to mixc. A cup to mix ind. Your crushed/broken makeup that needs repairingSteps:
Here are some pics along the way.Things you will need, don't forget the cup.Your slurry of powder cosmetic and alcohol.As the makeup was drying we had to wait to add more makeup mix to prevent over flowing.After the make up drys a little add a little more, this pouring and drying step might have to be done multiple times. Be patient :)More drying, you will have to leave the makeup over night to dry completely.Presto finally ready to use after drying over night. We cleaned the outside of the compact also.Share with us some of your tips and tricks for fixing broken makeup.
1. Empty your make up into your cup.
2. Add alcohol sparingly and mix with your spoon or Popsicle stick until you have a nice blend without any chunks.
3. Pour your mix into your makeup container, you might have to do this in multiple steps depending on the amount of makeup your are repairing. If you have a lot of mix of makeup and alcohol pour some into your container and let it sit for a few minutes. Don t worry if your mix starts to dry up in your cup, you can just add a little alcohol to keep if wet. After waiting a few minutes the alcohol should have evaporated leaving you with more space in your container to add some more makeup mix and top it off. You could also use an ice tray to make your own palette of all your broken colors, this is something we will cover in the near future.
4. Let your make up dry over night.
5. Enjoy your makeup and pat yourself on the back for not throwing money out the window.
5 Ways To Avoid Suffering From Dry Peeling Chapped Lips
August 19, 2012
Are your lips dry, burning, red and swollen? Do you have small cracks, and peeling of the skin on the lips like a dry desert floor? If you answered yes to even 1 of these questions then you are among the millions of people who have chapped lips. Here are a few quick remedies that provide results.
- Protect you lips with another layer of oil based cream, lip balm, lip-gloss or lipstick containing petrolatum or beeswax. According to Dr. Taylor, she suggest to keep using your lipstick, since it offers great protection from the cold, sun and wind. Ironically she points out the chemicals found in long lasting all day lip stains can actually promote dry lips.
- Stay hydrated with plenty of water, drinking a few extra glasses every day is the easiest way to keep your lips moisturized, also if you are in a dry climate use a humidifier
- Licking your lips is the biggest problem it actually leaves your lips drier, saliva evaporates rapidly and leave your lips dry and irritated. Did you know the enzymes in saliva which break down your food do the same thing to your lips when you lick them?
- Do you breath through your mouth? This habit will definitely dry your lips out.
- Things to Avoid are allergens & harsh skin care. Allergens can be encountered in many different forms. Pets and outdoors are a likely place you come in contact with them. They invisibly irritate your lips or mouth area until you wash your face. Dr. Taylor, also recommends to avoid using harsh skin care which can sometimes contain salicylic acid or benzoly peroxide, both of these are found in many common over the counter skincare products. Also according to Dr. Taylor, Acne treatments such as Retin-A and Renova also may cause some people to have chapped-lips, she suggests to discontinue use until the lips improve.
In Conclusion following these methods should help you control chapped dry lips, shortly you will see your lips become soft and full of moisture.
What have you done to protect against chapped lips? Any product recommendations?
Bluefire Cosmetics has a new look
July 23, 2012
Welcome to the new look of Bluefire Cosmetics.
We have completely revamped our site to create a better experience for you. Visitors and Shoppers can also now interact with our new blog. There you can find new product reviews, current trends in the beauty world, and pretty much anything else associated with makeup.